Name:
Location: Friendswood, Texas, United States

Friday, August 12, 2005

A friend finding directions

I am tall,in blue, on the far right. N is in green next to me.

One of my very best friends who I met through our daughters years ago is wanting to date again. She was married to a wonderful husband that died all of a sudden a year and a half ago. Reminded me of that Billy Joel song, "Only the good die young". Anyway, although I think it is healthy for her to realize that there is life after Howard (they were both only 50), I feel inadequate to help her. I've been divorced for 13 years now and hadn't managed to ever find "mister right".
Mister first husband of 12 years was an alcoholic. Everyone is entitled to their problems and faults - after all, he had to put up with me! But, after he broke our son's arm, it was time for him to go. At least I have two great kids from the marriage. Since then, prospects have been bleak.
For a couple of years, I dated a fabulous British man. He made me feel as though I were a better person when I was around him, I would have liked to make that a permanent state, but he didn't. Unfortunately, he raised my expectations of men. I now think that if I am ever lucky enough to have a second try at marriage I would very much like to feel cherished as I did at that time.
I have tried the internet personals, Houston symphony singles evenings, am involved in my church, and in my rowing club plus I work full time. None of these has produced any possibilities for me, I believe my chances of meeting someone are really slim. How can I help give directions to someone else when I don't know the way?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home